It’s the festive season and we bet you’re gonna have some left over turkey from all the feasting! So here’s an easy recipe for you to turn your leftover turkey into something droolworthy at home – perfect for another round of party!
Executive Chef Randy Torres shares with us his own Mexican rendition of a classic Turkey Taco. Have fun and savour this delicious taco at home!
- Left over turkey from whole roasted turkey: 80-100gm per taco
- Soft Corn Tortillas: 1 skin per taco
- Pico de gallo (Recipe below): 30-40gm per taco
- Salsa Roja (Recipe below): 20-30gm per taco depending how hot you like it
- Fresh Guacamole (Recipe below): 30-40gm per taco
Step 1: Warm up tortillas just before eating.
Step 2: Put pulled turkey meat on tortilla.
Step 3: Add desired amount of gaucamole, pico de gallo and salsa roja.
Step 4: Fold the tortilla and hold onto the top together while eating.
Step 5: Enjoy your turkey taco!
Yes, it’s that easy! But if you’re really committed to making this Mexmas Turkey Taco taste like the real deal, Chef Randy is revealing his secret recipes for the best salsa and guacamole you have ever tasted:
- 2 large ripe avocado
- 1 large fresh lime
- Small bunch of cilantro roughly chopped (or coriander leaf/Chinese parsley)
- Pinch of salt
Step 1: Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Then scoop the flesh and put in a medium mixing bowl.
Step 2: Squeeze fresh lime juice, add chopped cilantro and add pinch of salt.
Step 3: Use a large fork to mash the avocado while mixing all ingredients.
Step 4: Taste to see if additional seasoning is needed.
- 6 large tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1 large yellow onion cut in quarters
- 4-5 pc of whole peeled garlic
- 2 pc jalapeno cut in 4 large pc and remove stem
- 2 pc red chili cut in 4 large pc and remove stem
- Olive oil to coat vegetables
- Salt and pepper to season
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180C.
Step 2: Cut all vegetables.
Step 3: Toss all cut vegetables with olive oil and salt & pepper.
Step 4: Put all seasoned vegetables on baking tray and put in oven for 12-15 min.
Step 5: Take vegetables out of the oven and put into blender and blend till semi-smooth.
Step 6: Taste to see if additional seasoning is needed.
PICO DE GALLO
- 4 large tomatoes small dice without seeds
- 1 medium Yellow onion small dice
- 1 jalapeno or green chili small dice without seeds
- 1 red chili small dice without seeds
- Small bunch of cilantro roughly chopped (coriander leaf/Chinese parsley)
- 2 Freshly squeezed large lime limes
- Salt for seasoning
Step 1: Cut all the vegetables and chop the cilantro.
Step 2: Mix all the cut vegetables, chopped cilantro in large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Add freshly squeezed lime juice. The acidity and amount of juice vary in all limes so best to add 1 first and taste before adding the second lime.
Step 4: Add 1 large pinch of salt. (kosher or sea salt is best but fine salt will do). Mix well and taste.